A hybrid solar system is just like a grid solar system. It is called hybrid because it uses a battery to store energy for future use. At the time of blackout or power disruption, the hybrid solar system works like an inverter and powers the entire area with the energy stored in the battery.
Hybrid precisely refers to two power generation sources – wind and solar. But, hybrid solar panels refer to solar and battery storage. This type of solar system is different from the off-grid system.
There are many advantages of a hybrid solar system, let us look at some of them:
- The hybrid solar system is designed to store solar energy for a longer duration.
- The system can power all electrical appliances at once. In short, there is no restriction or limitation of its usage.
- The hybrid solar system can be used for advanced energy management.
- The system has proven to reduce power consumption from the grid.
While there are many advantages to a hybrid solar system, there are also some notable drawbacks. Here are some of the disadvantages of using the hybrid solar system:
- The hybrid solar system is costly as compared to the grid solar system.
- Its battery life span is around seven to 15 years.
- The number of appliances you can run on time on the hybrid largely depends on the battery capacity.
There are many energy savings with solar. The hybrid solar system uses a solar inverter and a battery to operate. The hybrid solar system comes in four types – basic hybrid inverters, multi-mode hybrid inverter, all-in-one battery energy storage system, and advanced AC-coupled system. You can know about the kind of solar hybrid solar system most suitable for your house or office by contacting a professional. Choosing the right type of solar power system the best way to save on money and cut down on electricity expenditure.